The Sustainable Essex Committee has identified 5 focus projects for 2021. These are:
- Drive implementation and adoption of curb-side and/or municipal composting including management of food waste
- Support local restaurants and other local businesses with sourcing and purchasing sustainable packaging
- Initiate Semi-Annual Repair Cafes
- Continue and expand the SEED Series
- Participate in the protection and restoration of local CT River and Long Island Sound watersheds
A longer term project will focus on supporting local efforts to comply with the State’s energy agenda and electrification plan, including the “EV Connecticut” initiative.
With all projects we will strive to build and strengthen municipal processes to be more inclusive, cohesive, and representative of all community members, now and in the future. These system-wide, structural changes are an important step in creating open and equitable communities.