1.6 Participate in and Promote the C-PACE Program
- Empower your community’s commercial property owners to reduce energy consumption by making clean energy improvements such as energy-efficient boilers, upgraded insulation, new windows, or solar installations, with affordable, long-term financing from Commercial Property Assessment Clean Energy (C-PACE), a program of Connecticut Green Bank.
- To complete this action, the Committee worked to pass a municipal resolution to opt-in to C-PACE, sign a legal agreement with C-PACE, and post a link to information about C-PACE on the municipality’s website.
Actions in progress
1.4 Provide Resources and Supports to Local Businesses
- Provide inclusive and accessible resources and support to the full range of diverse local businesses on a wide variety of topics, such as preparing businesses for post-disaster conditions and permitting and land use issues.
- What needs to be done:
- Create and maintain a business-to-business registry to promote peer learning, the sharing of best practices, and mutual support.
- Identify or create, and then disseminate a toolkit for pre-disaster business preparedness and for post-disaster conditions.
- Host one or more business roundtables with municipal officials and staff to support dialogue.
- Create or support Small Business Development Centers, Main Street Programs, Tourism Boards, Central Business Development Districts, or other comparable entities by providing municipal leadership support, municipal staff time, and funding.
- Invite businesses to participate in at least three events to build community recognition, provide access to potential customers, and connect the businesses to civic and community organizations.